Commercial Roofing Design Professionals
When designing your commercial roofing system, there are many factors you need to consider. At JM we offer both single ply and multi-ply commercial roofing systems that are economical, speedy, and provide the protection your project needs. Below you can quickly access tools to help you with JM products, meet the Specifier Services Team and learn about the services they can provide, and get the latest in commercial roofing news and training.
3-Part Master Specifications
Download our CSI 3-part master specifications to help get you started on your next project, or contact us for a custom specification by submitting a design service request.
Designing the right roofing system to complement your building project is no easy task. Our JM Specifier Services team is here to make things easier. Here are some of the things that our team can help with at no additional cost.
- Understand benefits of our various roofing systems for APP, BUR, SBS, EPDM, PVC, TPO, and Liquid Applied
- Local representative site visits to help you understand JM offerings for applying a roofing coating, re-covering the existing roof system, or re-roofing the building
- We recommend reaching out to your JM Specifier Services Representative early in the process for assistance in determining an ideal roofing system, to access our details and to access our guide specifications
- Flashing details are available on our website as well as in our SmartBinder
- Get roof system approvals for proof of performance and tested systems
- Assembly plates to assist in building out a visual representation of the roofing system
- Complete CSI 3-part and other specifications that can be tailored to your exact needs
- If required, prior to bid, our team can review specification and roofing details for compliance on above-the-deck JM products
- Our contractor locator can help you find approved JM Peak Advantage® Contractors near you
- If you would like more guidance on choosing a JM Peak Advantage Contractor, please contact your local sales team for assistance on choosing the appropriate contractor for your project
Johns Manville is a manufacturer of commercial roofing products and offers this general conceptual information to you as a courtesy. This complimentary assistance is not to be used or relied upon by anyone as a substitute for professional engineering design and documentation required by building code, contract or applicable law. By accepting these comments, you agree they do not constitute any representations, endorsements of, or an assumption by Johns Manville of any liability for either the adequacy of the design of this building or any other material not supplied by Johns Manville.
JM Design Assistance at Your Service
Our Specifier Services team is here to provide you with technical resources and assistance during the design of your commercial roofing project. We can serve as a resource at any stage of the process, providing answers for your product-related questions.
Specifier Services Representative
Melody has a Bachelor of Environmental Science with an emphasis in architecture from the University of Colorado at Boulder. She previously worked for a structural engineering firm and an architectural design firm, giving her experience in both commercial and residential fields.
W: (303) 978-2134
M: (720) 601-1639
BURSI Training Program
Our training program, Better Understanding of Roofing Systems Institute (BURSI), is one of the longest-standing training programs in the commercial roofing industry. The program was designed in 1972 to offer training to design professionals on the ins-and-outs of commercial roofing, from different systems that can be installed, to considerations and installment methods.
JM Commercial Roofing Systems News
Cold Storage Design
Roofing system design for cold storage warehouses are unique and require your design professional take additional considerations beyond standard construction. Having the correct design will help maintain a temperature-controlled environment with a focus on moisture management.